Call for papers: Issue on Medicine and Health
Romanian Journal of Sociological Studies (published by the Institute of Sociology – Romanian Academy – and by the Romanian Association of Sociology) invites articles for a special issue which will focus on Sociology of Medicine and Health.
Contribution exploring any context of health and medicine in social contexts are welcomed. The journal welcomes high-quality research and analyses from diverse theoretical and methodological approaches.
The journal is particularly interested in new approaches of medicine, body, health and illness that have the potential to increase the body of knowledge on the subject and generate future studies.
Contributions may include, but are not limited to:
1. The sociological analysis of medical organizations and institutions;
2. The production of medical knowledge and selection of methods;
3. The actions and interactions of healthcare professionals;
4. The social or cultural effects of medical practices.
5. Aspects of sociological pathology;
6. Patterns of global and/or cross-national changes in health care systems.
7. Medical technology, body and health.
Contributions can be original empirical (qualitative or quantitative) research, literature reviews, theoretical or methodological contributions, integrative reviews, meta-analyses, comparative studies.
The articles should have between 6-8.000 words, with an abstract of 250 words and five key-words and they should adhere at RJSS Style. Please send the articles with the message’s title “For the special issue of RJSS on Medicine and Health”.
The deadline of submitting the articles is January 1, 2017.
The articles will be submitted online at the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about journal and RJSS Style http://journalofsociology.ro/
If you have any questions, please contact the editors at: email@example.com